I acquired an old LXD 75 with broken dec housing. I'm sure most owners have this problem so I came up with a solution.
1) Remove remaining screw pockets from housing with pliers or dremel.
2) Sand with 320 grit so it's flat.
3) 3D print or have someone 3d print new pockets (designed these in Fusion360)
4) Drill two holes with a 1/8 bit, and then connect them to make a slot. This slot is left out to make printing easier (no supports).
4) Sand flat (larger) surface of pocket with 320 grit
5) Screw pockets into place on gearbox
6) Apply plastic cement to pocket (large surface) and gearbox housing around each hole
7) Press this half of gearbox housing into place, wait for glue to cure.
8) Finish assembly.
My .stl file is available here:
I forgot to take pictures with the pockets glued in place, but you get the idea. I've removed two of the pockets in this photo and sanded flat as an example.
Edited by Tom Stock, 27 November 2019 - 10:37 PM.