•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

William Optics FLT-132

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:21 PM

I'm considering purchase of a new Willam Optics FLT-132 f/7 refractor, probably from Company Seven, and I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased and used this telescope, especially a recent one and especially if it was purchased from Company Seven.  I have not telephoned Company Seven yet to discuss this telescope, and I'm interested in knowing what they think of it.  I would be using the scope strictly for visual.

Thank you!

Heywood

• Tyson M likes this

#2 Wildetelescope

Wildetelescope

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:39 AM

I'm considering purchase of a new Willam Optics FLT-132 f/7 refractor, probably from Company Seven, and I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased and used this telescope, especially a recent one and especially if it was purchased from Company Seven.  I have not telephoned Company Seven yet to discuss this telescope, and I'm interested in knowing what they think of it.  I would be using the scope strictly for visual.

Thank you!

Heywood

Talk to Marty at C7.  He will surely give you his opinion.  The fact that they are selling WO at all says a lot already.  

JMD

• Heywood likes this

#3 bigdob24

bigdob24

Viking 1

• Loc: Central Illinois

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:59 AM

I’ve got a FLT 132 that I’ve had for several years and love it. 
Was used with a DayStar Quark for solar, of coarse at night for viewing and have a friend that did some Astro Photography . It performed well in all three tasks.

Don’t know anything about  Company 7 but you can’t go wrong with your scope choice 

BD

• Heywood likes this

#4 dscarpa

dscarpa

Skylab

• Loc: San Diego Ca.

Posted 01 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

I think OPT has the lowest price on it at $100 less than other vendors. I'm the owner of a excellent WO ZS110 triplet bought used from OPT. I don't think you need Company 7 to check out a WO product like you would with Celestron or Meade.  David 

Edited by dscarpa, 01 December 2019 - 12:54 PM.

• SteveG and Heywood like this

#5 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: 50° 13' N

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:42 AM

Talk to Marty at C7.

Am I missing something? Their webpage http://www.company7.com/telused.html listing used gear was revised in 2009.

Edited by t-ara-fan, 03 December 2019 - 12:42 AM.

#6 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Am I missing something? Their webpage http://www.company7.com/telused.html listing used gear was revised in 2009.

I contacted Company Seven and learned that it no longer sells William Optics refractors.

Heywood

#7 Heywood

Heywood

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

I’ve got a FLT 132 that I’ve had for several years and love it.
Was used with a DayStar Quark for solar, of coarse at night for viewing and have a friend that did some Astro Photography . It performed well in all three tasks.
Don’t know anything about Company 7 but you can’t go wrong with your scope choice
BD

Interestingly, I cannot find much on the web about the 132. Just about everything I find is quite positive, though. Methinks that most owners of the 132's don't post on the internet.

#8 Joe G

Joe G

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Heywood,

I have a WO FLT 132.  Not sure the vintage as I bought it used.

It's a great scope.  Very robust build which makes it heavy for its aperture.

A friend had his Tak TOA 130 over and we compared views for a night.  The Tak MAY have been slightly better but it was splitting hairs to the extreme.  This was on a night of really good seeing.

Good luck.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics