•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cosmic Challenge: NGC 1 and NGC 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhilH

PhilH

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Long Island, NY

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:01 AM

As 2019 draws to an end, let's talk about a first. I am always interested in seeing the first of anything, whether it's the first day of a new year, the opening day of baseball season, the first robin of spring, the first snowflake of winter, or the first object in a particular deep-sky catalog. In the case of the latter, NGC 1, along with NGC 2, create our final challenge of the year.

Click here to view the article

#2 John O'Hara

John O'Hara

Viking 1

• Loc: Oil City, PA

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:03 PM

Phil,

Don't take the lack of comments as disinterest.  I don't know about others, but I've been socked in by solid clouds for over two weeks.  Of course, living 50 miles from Lake Erie doesn't help!  We seldom see the sun or stars from late October through April.

John

• PhilH likes this

#3 Arcticpaddler

Arcticpaddler

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Minnesota, USA

Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:00 PM

These objects are definitely on my To See List.  Moonlight and clouds, followed by deep cold next week will probably delay the observations...

• PhilH likes this

#4 Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: PA, USA, Planet Earth

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:57 PM

I know that I've observed NGC 1 but it was quite a few years ago and I can't remember whether I also saw NGC 2.

• PhilH likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics