•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New ( to me ) C-60

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grif 678

grif 678

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

Just purchased a very new looking Celestron C-60 (black tube ) from 1989. It has a very smooth altaz mount, nice wooden legs with spreader tray. Very complete, finder. two original eyepieces. I was lucky that the person I got it from was very close by, so I went and got it, so no shipping, and I got a chance to see it before I got it. I have a mint C-80 ( thanks Terra ), and a mint C-102, both Vixen branded from Japan. The C-60 has labeled,   Made in Japan, it looks just like the C-80 and the C102, so would anyone know whether it was made by Vixen also, it does not have circle V, anywhere I have looked. They were all made in about the same time period, plus or minus a couple years.

• LDW47, Terra Nova, kansas skies and 3 others like this

#2 bbqediguana

bbqediguana

Apollo

• Loc: Canada

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

Pics?! smile.gif

#3 grif 678

grif 678

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:43 PM

Not able to do pics, sorry.

#4 LDW47

LDW47

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:01 PM

Just purchased a very new looking Celestron C-60 (black tube ) from 1989. It has a very smooth altaz mount, nice wooden legs with spreader tray. Very complete, finder. two original eyepieces. I was lucky that the person I got it from was very close by, so I went and got it, so no shipping, and I got a chance to see it before I got it. I have a mint C-80 ( thanks Terra ), and a mint C-102, both Vixen branded from Japan. The C-60 has labeled,   Made in Japan, it looks just like the C-80 and the C102, so would anyone know whether it was made by Vixen also, it does not have circle V, anywhere I have looked. They were all made in about the same time period, plus or minus a couple years.

Lucky guy ! I love my C80, it as good as it gets ! To own the three is a he**ve a collection !

#5 kansas skies

kansas skies

Apollo

• Loc: The middle of nowhere, USA

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:55 PM

I have a 60mm Celestron guide-scope (white) from the mid-eighties. It's obviously Vixen, but the oval label on the tube does not indicate a maker. The only marking I was able to find on it to identify the maker is the  word "Vixen" that was cast into the end of the objective lens cell, which is fairly easy to see while looking down into the end of the dew shield.

Bill

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics