•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What Mac software for capturing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mpaul73

mpaul73

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 December 2019 - 02:19 AM

I am new to AP and a Mac user. Always have been! Is there anyone doing their complete process from image acquisition to processing on a Apple Mac? I just dropped a lot of money (for me) into equipment and don’t want to have to spend more on buying a pc laptop. I see that PHD2 works on the Mac. What else is there for capturing that would work natively on a Mac?

#2 david.shadrach

david.shadrach

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:20 AM

I’m completely in the Mac system. I use Nebulosity 4 for capture. You have to buy a license which is around $85-90.

David

#3 Delta608

Delta608

Viking 1

• Loc: Tampa Bay Florida

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:27 AM

TheSkyX...

#4 Der_Pit

Der_Pit

Viking 1

• Loc: La Palma

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:00 AM

KStars/EKOS, works on all platforms.

There's (AFAIK) also native INDI for the Mac, to directly connect to the devices, but you might consider a separate Raspberry Pi at the mount for device control.

#5 ThatsMyCoffee

ThatsMyCoffee

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic

Posted 03 December 2019 - 07:21 AM

I use the CloudMakers suite of software for acquiring:   AstroImager, AstroGuider, AstroTelescope and Astrometry.

Low cost and they work quite well.  Constant improvements and the developer listens to the users.

Then I use AstroPixelProcessor for processing.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics