•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Intes-micro M500 and back port type

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rbarbera

rbarbera

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:17 PM

Hi,

I own a M500 that was been used as a visual telescope. Now I'm planning to add a DSRL to it and I want to know which kind of adapter I need. I was thinking on an SCT to M48 T adapter and then add the custom ring from M48 to my camera brand mount. But a friend told me that Mak doesn't have the same thread size on this port. As I can't found anything about Intes-Micro today, I'm asking here, hopping that someone has connected this little gem with something different that the original 2" diagonal.

Thanks in advance!

#2 photoracer18

photoracer18

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

As far as I know all Russian Maks have an SCT tread on the back if they have moving mirror focus. He is probably thinking about the small Maks made in the USA and China that use the old Celestron and Meade thread which needed an LAR type adapter to reach the SCT thread size. Its entirely possible that some early Russian Maks might have had a non-SCT thread but having worked for an Intes/Intes Micro/LOMO dealer I can say all of those MCTs had Celestron/Meade VB threads.

• rbarbera likes this

#3 rbarbera

rbarbera

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:11 AM

Thank you photoracer18 for the clarification.

#4 msl615

msl615

Viking 1

• Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:38 AM

I have the Intes-Micro Alter M503 and for sure it has standard SCT threading on the back port. 

Mike

• rbarbera likes this

#5 rbarbera

rbarbera

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

I have the Intes-Micro Alter M503 and for sure it has standard SCT threading on the back port.
Mike

Thank you Mike for your direct confirmation.

Edited by rbarbera, 05 December 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#6 Hesiod

Hesiod

Gemini

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:17 AM

I have a M500 too, and its thread is the very same of Celestron's SCTs such as C8.

When use it for AP without the focal reducer I add a SCT->2" eyepiece adapter and link the T-ring to a 2" nose, so can easily adjust the framing angle

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics