•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky-watcher Espirt150mm with Evostar 72mm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blhorrocks

Blhorrocks

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Northern Utah

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

I have a Sky-Watcher Esprit 150mm refractor that i would like to attach a second telescope on top of this so i can use both scopes at the same time.  I purchased a Evostar 72mm scope that i would like to mount on top of this larger OTA.  I have never done this and would like to know how you go about doing this.  The 72mm has a short Vixen style dovetail plate and there are holes in the top of the mounting ring on the 150mm to attach something.   This is where i have never gone before.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

#2 skyward_eyes

skyward_eyes

Vendor - Sky-Watcher USA

• Vendors

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

Things you are going to need for this:

Losmandy DUP 14” plate
Losmandy 108mm guide rings

Remove the 72 from its original ring set and place it into the guide rings. Once in the rings set it to the side for a moment.

Mount the DUP 14” plate to the top of the Esprit rings and mount it using the included 1/4-20 screws. Once in place slide the guide rings with the 72 onto the DUP plate and lock them down.

Adjust the position of the 72 within the guide rings to adjust its field of view onto the same found in the 150.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics