•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Comet 2I Borisov in Color

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 h2ologg

h2ologg

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California Beach area

Posted 06 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

get.jpg?insecure

Hi all,

Here is the best attempt of comet 2I Borisov with a C RASA 11 and a ZWO asi 294mc Pro.  37 x 120 second frames taken on the morning of Nov 26, 2019.

For a super quick video animation take a peek here 

https://youtu.be/c9OJCFr568g

Happy hunting!

Dan

• PrestonE, siriusandthepup, eros312 and 8 others like this

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Skylab

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:27 AM

Lovely! You must have pretty dark skies, it takes me abut 2 hours to get a stack that looks like one of your subs with my 12"!

• retroman2 likes this

#3 h2ologg

h2ologg

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

Lovely! You must have pretty dark skies, it takes me abut 2 hours to get a stack that looks like one of your subs with my 12"!

Surrounded by glacial lakes, thin air - elevation 2358m (7736ft) lots of sunshine, remote.   

The rule of new equipment doesn't apply here!

Keep the jet streams away and I'm happy.  

Wash the salt from the wounds.

Dan

#4 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

I echo Nick's "lovely!" Dan...also nice to actually "hear" from a fellow poster in your video - it's funny when you've communicated via text over time to hear someone's voice! :)

Of course I had to sample it when I saw what I thought was a tad of green in with the blue, re your comments about colour at the end..! :lol: 

#5 h2ologg

h2ologg

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:54 PM

I echo Nick's "lovely!" Dan...also nice to actually "hear" from a fellow poster in your video - it's funny when you've communicated via text over time to hear someone's voice! smile.gif

Of course I had to sample it when I saw what I thought was a tad of green in with the blue, re your comments about colour at the end..! lol.gif

Thanks Darryl.  You know movie stars, always hamming it up.  I wish I had the writing skills as in your case.  You’ve got to put your travels, techniques and images into a book.  I’ll be one of many to purchase!

I'm seeing the blue/green envelope around the nucleus of close-by comets recently. I was surprised to see the colored envelope around 2I Borisov, not for its interstellar nature, for its relatively far-from-us 2A.U. Distance and it’s faint 16.3 estimated visual magnitude.   I could have guessed your extensive work with Uranus and Neptune would have picked out such subtleties early on in the short clip.

Best from me from the Northern Hemi 

Dan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics