•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Beginner at AP needs some polar alignment advice

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 mtenboer

mtenboer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Grass Valley, CA

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:39 PM

Yes I have all three books.

#27 vidrazor

vidrazor

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

Have you got this book?
https://www.amazon.c...,aps,328&sr=8-1
It covers everything you need.

Actually, it does not. While the first half of the book has a lot great information, the second half of the book is just a Pixinsight how-to. Now, that's fine if you plan on using PI, but if not you're left out in the cold, as I was. He pays lip service to processing in Photoshop, and as best as I could tell it was to make Photoshop look bad aganst PI. I was left literally"lost in space". :)

To this day I still haven't found good info on post with other apps, including Photoshop. I will look into the other two books you've posted. But unless one plans to use PI for post, I personally cannot recommend Bracken's book, despite all the great info on the first half of the book.

#28 the Elf

the Elf

Vanguard

• Loc: Germany

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:36 PM

I own the first edition of the book. It explains how to do processing in PI and Photoshop. I cannot comment on "make Photoshop look bad" because I used it only once and abandoned it soon. My perception of the first editions is that he tries to achieve good results in PS as well. I just got Chris Woodhouse out of my book shelf and found he is on PI as well.

I know that Warren Keller was in PS for a long time until in converted to PI. Now you find PI only on his website (ip4ap.com).

Nico Carver made a youtube video about processing in Gimp. A video of course cannot be compared to a book.

https://www.youtube....h?v=fkldylli094

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics