•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Are you content with your refractor?

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#276 bikerdib

bikerdib

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeast Texas

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:32 PM

Sure was - plenty of ES hate here.  Its OK.  I couldnt care less.  Mine performs great and thats all that matters. wink.gif

Total agreement from me!!

• 25585 likes this

#277 starman876

starman876

Nihon Seiko

• Vendors
  • Loc: VA

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:43 PM

I will know I am content when I have the refractor that will show me everything I want to see in my light polluted skies.

#278 Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike

Vanguard

• Loc: Churchville, NY

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:48 AM

I will know I am content when I have the refractor that will show me everything I want to see in my light polluted skies.

You'll need a refractor that magically reduces light pollution then! Please share the details when you find one so we can get our name on the waiting list. ;)

#279 Kunama

Kunama

Aussie at large

• Loc: Canberra, Australia

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:31 PM

Now that I have had the TMB-LZOS 152mm for a while, and have had a chance to really evaluate its performance compared to my previous scopes, I can finally answer the OP's question waytogo.gif

I am indeed content with this refractor, I cannot think of another scope that is within my financial means that I would rather have, in fact I just had to turn down an offer from the previous owner who wanted to buy it back at the full cost to me..... I feel sad for my friend to be now having 'seller's remorse' but just could not part with this.  

I had a very experienced astronomer view through this scope and exclaim that it was the best planetary view he had seen in any refractor.......

If the 'post Putin lockdown of LZOS' APMs are as good these older ones they are very good indeed..... bow.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• MIS_7648.jpg

• payner, BravoFoxtrot, daquad and 2 others like this

#280 25585

Cosmos

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

You'll need a refractor that magically reduces light pollution then! Please share the details when you find one so we can get our name on the waiting list. wink.gif

I think the solution is currently NV gadgets. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics