•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vintage Celestron AccuTrac Drive Corrector

accessories Celestron equipment classic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 woodsman

woodsman

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colorado Springs, CO

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

I've had this drive corrector for some time now. I'm not sure of the age but I did receive it with a Celestron Orange C14 that I purchased more than a decade ago.

I've not seen one like it, and was wondering if anyone else has one. It is nice because it is pretty tiny. It works perfectly and it probably is from the early 1970s. The
C14 I have is one of the very early ones, from late 1972. I do like the original Celestron Pacific Logo on the unit.

Any information on it would be informative, such as the manufacturer. It says "ALS Electronic Corporation" Covina, CA. Did Tom Johnson's company Valor Electronics ever make a
drive corrector for his C line of Telescopes?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.gif
  • 2.gif
  • 3.gif
  • 004.gif

#2 photoracer18

photoracer18

Soyuz

• Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:49 PM

I think they farmed that out. Single axis drive correctors can be pretty tiny. The single axis Vogel Digitraks I have are pretty small although unlike that one they have both variable settings and fixed settings for Solar, Lunar, and Sidereal. That one was made for the C14 as it has the hand controller. Some small ones just have the fast/slow buttons on the box.

Edited by photoracer18, 11 December 2019 - 03:51 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, Celestron, equipment, classic

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics