•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Nexstar 4se motor stopped working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tornado77

Tornado77

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Quebec, Canada

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:03 AM

Hi, this evening I went to a star party with my astronomy club and a guy came with his first telescope. I tried to allign the telescope for him because he didn't knew how it work. After setting Up a couple of things, I choosed to do a one star allignment with Vega but when I tried to alignate it with the control, the motors stopped Working. We tried to restart the telescope and many others things but it didn't worked. May it be the temperature or the batteries ? It was -15 outside and now I feel like I broke his scope.

#2 Tfer

Tfer

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:21 PM

If he was running it on batteries (double AAs if I remember correctly), they died.  Those motors RIP through batteries.

#3 a__l

a__l

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:17 PM

Try connecting through an external battery. The wire is not difficult to make. Care must be taken when turning on, do not reverse polarity!
This does not guarantee correct operation at low temperatures, but it will not die quickly.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics