•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Canon 6D and 5DMk IV BIAS Library's?

astrophotography equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:00 PM

How often should I redo my BIAS library's?  My current library's are about 9 months old.  I usually take ~150 subs for the library.

Edited by Jim Waters, 08 December 2019 - 02:01 PM.

#2 the Elf

the Elf

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Germany

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

IMHO not at all. Others will now contradict, but what I think is this:

The only thing that really harms or degrades a sensor are the cosmic ray strikes that show up as short white commas in the image. I have 1 in 50 images. Not all really damage a pixel but they can. You can take tenthousands of subs until you see any major change. Next the amplifiers might change over time. Time is decades in this case. You probably want a new camera after 10 years due to advancing technology. By that time I cannot think of a signifcant degradation. Hopefully someone comes up with a comparison of frames taken at reasonably long intervalls to change my mind! :-)

#3 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

Thanks The Elf

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics