•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Coronado 60mm solar scope with double stack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gregp08

gregp08

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

Hello,

Thinking about purchasing a double stack for my Coronado 60mm solar scope. Wondering if installing a double stack really improves the views of the sun, in short, is it worth paying the price for what you get out of it?

thanks

Greg

#2 descott12

descott12

Vendor - Solar Live View

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

I double stacked my Lunt 50 and it REALLY enhances the view of the surface. But there isn't a whole lot of surface detail to view right now so it may not be worth it. Note that many believe that the DS dims the proms a bit. I haven't personally noticed that too much but something to be aware of.

Also, since Meade just filed for bankruptcy, it may or may not be a good time to purchase something. Maybe you can get a great deal but who will service it later??? Just something to think about.

#3 Rich (RLTYS)

Rich (RLTYS)

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Mayo (Maryland)

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

Single Stack will show Prominence's better while Double Stacked will show features on the solar disc better.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics