•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PHD2 guiding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psuaero

psuaero

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ellicott City, MD

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

I'm not guiding yet but my camera and scope should be in before Xmas. I really like the data aspect of all things and analyzing the RA/DEC error plots of PHD2 will be right in my wheelhouse. It got me thinking... could you determine your unguided tracking quality of your mount using a guide camera not hooked up to correct the mount? Is there a feature like that in PHD2 or some other software?

John

#2 pinnacle90

pinnacle90

Vostok 1

• Loc: SE USA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

Yes, you can turn off guide output. You can find that selection by clicking on the "Brain" icon, going to the Guiding tab, and at the bottom of that screen will be "Enable mount guide output".

Edited by pinnacle90, 09 December 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#3 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:30 AM

You also can run the guiding assistant, and get some statistical data about your mount's performance.  GA turns off guiding, and measures several parameters.

#4 psuaero

psuaero

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ellicott City, MD

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:08 AM

Thanks both of you. I'll definitely be spending a couple hours gathering data like that once I'm up and running with the new equipment and software. Now... if it would just ship already!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics