•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Evolution WiFi, Sky Safari 6, and MS Surface Pro 4

Celestron
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AZWahoo

AZWahoo

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

Here's the problem as I see it:

SS6 on my phone works great, connects to the Celestron Wifi ok - but the size of the screen is ... cramped. 

I can get SS6 running on the emulator on my Surface tablet running Win 10. However, the emulator only "sees" a wifi network that seems to be some kind of converter/bridge to the existing internet connection. There is no way, through the emulator, to see and connect directly to the Celestron Wifi.

Is there a way - on the emulator end or on the PC end - to make the Android OS "see" and connect to the Celestron Wifi directly?

Edited by AZWahoo, 11 December 2019 - 11:43 PM.

#2 StarCurious

StarCurious

Messenger

• Loc: York Region, Ontario

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:48 AM

I don't have your set up, so I don't know if the following works. 

As an experiment, I would run SS6 on Android phone, along with Teamviewer.  On Windows 10, run Teamviewer to connect over the same WiFi to the Android phone display.  Essentially, this may give you a magnified version of the Android phone display on your Surface tablet.

#3 AZWahoo

AZWahoo

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

I don't have your set up, so I don't know if the following works. 

As an experiment, I would run SS6 on Android phone, along with Teamviewer.  On Windows 10, run Teamviewer to connect over the same WiFi to the Android phone display.  Essentially, this may give you a magnified version of the Android phone display on your Surface tablet.

Good idea! I tried it. Even in portrait mode, the image on the tablet was only about ~ 25% bigger than the phone.

It seems that there ARE ways to do what I want with an emulator - all beyond my level of technical ability.

I picked up a cheap Android tablet on clearance, to be used as a dedicated telescope tablet. Problem solved. 

• outofsight likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics