•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New CEM40 being delivered today

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrRoberts

MrRoberts

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Barrington, Illinois

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

Fed Ex sent me the note late last night.  I will be setting it up with the C-6 initially to test.  Afterwards if all seems well I will place the Esprit 120 on it and test. Pics will come within a day or two.

• zjc26138, psandelle and OldManSky like this

#2 RandallK

RandallK

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Nanaimo, B. C. Canada

Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

C-6 should be a "perfect fit". I would worry about the Esprit 120 though....be very careful in balancing...the iOptron center balanced mounts are extremely sensitive to balance. You also could have wind issues with the 120. I've had my CEM40 now since May but Winter has snuck up on me so quickly I really haven't had a chance to really run it. Enjoy!

• F.Meiresonne likes this

#3 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:36 PM

same here in Belgium. The weather has been really bad, rain, clouds for weeks ,no nice automn evenings or nights.

About weight, wonder what the CEM40 really can take, my IEQ30 pro is rated for 13.5 kg but that overrated, 9 kg maybe 10 kg for visual i think is the maximum. I wonder for the CEM 40...

I can use my 102 mm F/7 and DSLR , that is about 4.3 kg.No real issues...but i am just afraid that is the maximum for AP, then again i it is more then sufficient.

In the future may be i buy a scope with a field flattener, but it will be much less then a 102 mm..

Edited by F.Meiresonne, 12 December 2019 - 04:38 PM.

#4 Jeff Smith

Jeff Smith

Viking 1

• Loc: Chicago

Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:31 PM

I've got an Esprit 100 on my Cem40 with 2" tripod. It "seems" overly huge on it and needed a second counterweight. It balanced nicely though after the second counterweight.

#5 joseph07081

joseph07081

Messenger

• Loc: Chippewa, PA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

I mounted my C8 Edge on my CEM40, extra counterweight needed of course. As with everyone else, the weather here has been abysmal, so I have only had the mount out 2 times. That C8 looks awfully big on this mount. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics