•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Logan Valley Star Party Oregon June 17 - June 21, 2020 - Free!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 audioaficionado

audioaficionado

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Medford, Orygun, USA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

Logan Valley Star Party, Oregon
June 17 - June 21, 2020
Free!

https://sites.google...ystarparty/home

This one will bump into the beginning of the Golden State Star Party (6/20-24 2020) in Northern California. It's only a half day's drive away so you could make it into a full week's adventure and attend both.

#2 WadeH237

WadeH237

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Snohomish, WA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

It's kind of a bummer that Logan Valley is the same new moon as GSSP this year.

I was at both last year, and really enjoyed them,  Logan Valley is a great location, with better skies than GSSP.  But between the two, I will go to GSSP because I do like having a larger event with more people. Also, there will be vendors at GSSP (and my wife attends GSSP with me, and that's a big factor).

Going to both is a non-starter, because I really do not want to move my stuff that many times.  I do one session per new moon...

On edit:  I do want to add that if you have an interest in Logan Valley, you should really consider going.  The skies are excellent and it's a nice setup.  It is much more remote and primitive than GSSP.  You don't have easy access to facilities beyond the minimal stuff that the campground provides.  But that's part of the reason why the conditions are so great.  Also, GSSP has lots of daytime activities readily available,which is not the case for Logan Valley.

Edited by WadeH237, 12 December 2019 - 07:16 PM.

• phonehome and audioaficionado like this

#3 petert913

petert913

Soyuz

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Wow.  That is a gorgeous site.  I may need to attend this one !

#4 audioaficionado

audioaficionado

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Medford, Orygun, USA

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

I was looking forward to both this year. However this one might work out better for people on a strict budget and who live closer to Logan Valley.

#5 vsteblina

vsteblina

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Wenatchee, Washington

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:11 PM

I was looking forward to both this year. However this one might work out better for people on a strict budget and who live closer to Logan Valley.

That statement is only correct if you live in John Day.  It is in the middle of somewhere.

#6 phonehome

phonehome

Mariner 2

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

This one will bump into the beginning of the Golden State Star Party (6/20-24 2020) in Northern California. It's only a half day's drive away so you could make it into a full week's adventure and attend both.

That's what I'm thinking.  Since it's on my way maybe 3 or 4 days at LV and then on to the GSSP.   Shame it's not the other way around because LV would be a great place to relax and unwind after the hustle and bustle of GSSP.

Ed

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics