•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Live View Nikon 7000D

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Monsai52

Monsai52

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

I imagine this information is somewhere, but I can't find it, and hope someone can help.  How do you switch to live view with a Nikon 7000D when using older Nikkor AI lenses or when attached to a telescope? 

Best regards,  

#2 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:31 PM

There's a little rocker switch with the letters LV just above the OK button wheel to the right on the LCD screen.

Guylain

#3 Monsai52

Monsai52

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

There's a little rocker switch with the letters LV just above the OK button wheel to the right on the LCD screen.

Guylain

Thanks Guylian,

I knew about the switch, and it works/worked with my newer Nikon lenses, but for some reason it wasn't working before when I had the camera mounted to one of my scopes, or older Nikkor AI lenses.  Now it seems to be working fine with my older lenses, and I'll have to try again with one of the scopes.  Some sort of Nikon gremlin, but it's working now.  Thanks,

Best regards,  

#4 skywolf856

skywolf856

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: SE Michigan

Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:25 PM

You also need to make sure you set the lens focus to M not A. when mounted to a telescope.

So much to remember...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics