•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO cameras settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 poofer

poofer

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:38 PM

I use APT for imaging and PHD 2.6 for guiding. Is it wise to use Ascom camera 1 for APT and in PHD use Ascom camera 2? I see in APT it allows ZWO native driver to connect to my ASI224 Pro. Also Sharpcap has Ascom driver for ZWO or the ZWO driver to select. What is most stable? Ascom driver or ZWO's native driver? Thanks Pat

#2 DrGomer

DrGomer

Vostok 1

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

I use ascom since the native one doesn't work with the tec (asi553 with either sharp cap or nina)

#3 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:45 PM

I use APT for imaging and PHD 2.6 for guiding. Is it wise to use Ascom camera 1 for APT and in PHD use Ascom camera 2? I see in APT it allows ZWO native driver to connect to my ASI224 Pro. Also Sharpcap has Ascom driver for ZWO or the ZWO driver to select. What is most stable? Ascom driver or ZWO's native driver? Thanks Pat

The ZWO native driver allows you to set the offset for the sensor, whereas the ASCOM driver for it does not.  So, I always use the native driver if the client app you are using supports it.

Separately, if you are asking whether you can use native for one camera and ASCOM for the other, the answer is yes.  As I already mentioned, I use the native ZWO driver in NINA for my ASI1600MM and the ASCOM driver in PHD2 for my ASI290MM-Mini.

I hope that answered your questions.

GL&CS.

• pgs/sdg and OldManSky like this

#4 poofer

poofer

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

Thanks will try this. Pat

#5 DrGomer

DrGomer

Vostok 1

Posted 13 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

Ascom does let you set offset. It's under the options settings. 

• CCD-Freak and jdupton like this

#6 jerahian

jerahian

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine

Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:34 AM

Ascom does let you set offset. It's under the options settings. 

Oh yes, that’s right.  It was at the sequence item level where it couldn’t be controlled.  Forgot specifically since I hadn’t used the ASCOM driver for my main camera for a while.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics