•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

PrimaLuce Lab Eagle CORE question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dr.who

dr.who

Hubble

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

Folks

Planning ahead for my OSC imaging needs. I have on order a ZWO 553. I am also thinking about the Eagle CORE unit. My question is am I able to load additional software on it in addition to what is on there and still have it function. The software would be SharpCap. I emailed PLL but zero response and I need an answer so I can finalize a larger order I have. Anyone know if the CORE unit will allow for additional software?

Thanks!

#2 Paulyman

Paulyman

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

The Eagle will but the Core will not, it is the PrimaLuce take on the ASIAir. I also wanted Sharpcap and a few other bits of software and that’s the primary reason I went with the Eagle.

Edited by Paulyman, 13 December 2019 - 09:28 PM.

#3 dr.who

dr.who

Hubble

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:47 PM

Thank you!

#4 richorn

richorn

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Rancho Palos Verdes. CA

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

If you thought the Core specs were OK for your setup, then the lowest cost Eagle will be fine as well.

That said, I chose the Eagle 3S.  I don't think the extra "power" of the Pro is needed for most if you are just running your "rig".

#5 dr.who

dr.who

Hubble

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:46 PM

The most attractive part of the CORE was the price for the features I get. The base Eagle was too much to pay. I can roll my own for much less. The CORE however was at a price point that it was worth the extra bit of money to have everything all together. But if I can’t add software that I need then I am not able to use it. It is unfortunate that it won’t allow upgrades...

#6 Paulyman

Paulyman

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:54 PM

The ASIAir Pro is due out by the end of the month and I’d say would be well worth the wait if you have the 533 and a zwo guide cam. It will have everything the core has in a smaller package.
  • psandelle likes this

#7 dr.who

dr.who

Hubble

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

Good to know! I did’t realize ZWO was coming out with an updated model! That would work perfectly!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics