•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Filter drawers for 2" LP filters

astrophotography accessories dslr equipment imaging refractor
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:17 AM

Hi,   I've had great fun using 2" Optolong LP filters screwed onto my DSLR train.  I'd like to buy a filter drawer that will accommodate a mounted 2" filter like the optlong series.  Currently I'm using a Nikon DSLR with a SV FR/FF and screwing the filter to the end of the DSLR optical train.

Soon I'll be using a ZWO 294 MC Pro camera as well and would like to use the same filter drawer with that.  Any recommendations on a filter drawer that would work.  

Thanks, Mike

#2 james7ca

james7ca

Cosmos

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

I use a filter holder from Teleskop Service that can hold either 1.25" or 2" mounted filters. There are several different versions, here is one that attaches with a M48 thread:

https://optcorp.com/...-filter-changer

Mine is an earlier model that uses T-threads but it also holds 1.25" and 2" filters (with the proper filter holder). The only issue with these is that they are so thin that if you try to use a male mating thread that is more than about 2mm long then it may interfere with the insertion or removal of the filter. So, you may have to add a small spacer so that the male threads don't intrude into the body of the filter holder.

• marinaldi likes this

#3 marinaldi

marinaldi

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:34 PM

I use a filter holder from Teleskop Service that can hold either 1.25" or 2" mounted filters. There are several different versions, here is one that attaches with a M48 thread:

https://optcorp.com/...-filter-changer

Mine is an earlier model that uses T-threads but it also holds 1.25" and 2" filters (with the proper filter holder). The only issue with these is that they are so thin that if you try to use a male mating thread that is more than about 2mm long then it may interfere with the insertion or removal of the filter. So, you may have to add a small spacer so that the male threads don't intrude into the body of the filter holder.

Thanks James!!

#4 Lostone

Lostone

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ.

Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:38 PM

Hi,   I've had great fun using 2" Optolong LP filters screwed onto my DSLR train.  I'd like to buy a filter drawer that will accommodate a mounted 2" filter like the optlong series.  Currently I'm using a Nikon DSLR with a SV FR/FF and screwing the filter to the end of the DSLR optical train.

Soon I'll be using a ZWO 294 MC Pro camera as well and would like to use the same filter drawer with that.  Any recommendations on a filter drawer that would work.  

Thanks, Mike

Starizona makes them.  Check out their site or even give them a call.  If you have a Redcat 51 or Spacecat 51 they have an adapter that is specific for them.  but there filter slider should work with most scopes.  I have a set on order for my Esprit 100ED along with their new .65 focal reducer.

Slider System .. Although it shows it with there hyperstar it world with other systems as well.

https://starizona.co...complete-system

Redcat adapter

https://starizona.co...-slider-adapter

Edited by Lostone, 14 December 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#5 GTom

GTom

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

Baader also has a system, pricing is not straightforward, you have to assemble the components.

baader-ufc-universal-filter-changer-dcb.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, accessories, dslr, equipment, imaging, refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics