•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starlight Xpress ASCOM Driver Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 markfeastman

markfeastman

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Murrieta, CA

Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:30 AM

I have a SX Trius 25c color camera that is 5-6 years old.  It works great with Nebulosity. But it does not work with NINA and SharpCap which I am trying to learn.  NINA developers tell me that it is an ASCOM driver issue. It doesn't even "see" the camers.

SharpCal can connect but I get a split screen look with the top 1/2 light grey with a few stars and the bottom half of the image is black.

By the way- that same appearance happens if I try to us the SX 25c with PHD2

I have tried 32bit NINA and 64 bit NINA....PHD2  works great with the lodestar....but the half grey/half black screen is occurring on PHD2 and SharpCap ---is that a driver issue? It (SX 25c) works fine with Nebulosity 4 so it's not the CCD

Starlight Xpress support has not gotten back to me on this...seems like "holiday" has started early over the pond

Thanks

#2 Tonk

Tonk

Cosmos

• Loc: Leeds, UK, 54N

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:37 AM

Starlight Xpress dont produce the ASCOM driver for their cameras. Bret McKee is the author of the driver at his outlet Dad Dog Development on your side of the pond.

Edited by Tonk, 14 December 2019 - 08:38 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics