The data is already somewhat older (Nov 22/23), but it took me a while to test and decide how to combine Hα and the RGB data. This is what I've finally settled to:
- Generate standard RGB image with low stretch
- run StarNet on it
- subtract the starless from the full image, do some color smoothing and deconvolution in LAB space
- generate monochrome (medium stretched) Hα image, run StarNet on it
- Clean the starless Hα from last star artifacts, then use it as luminosity layer for the (RGB) starless nebula
- Again some color/sharpness work on the nebulosity part
- Re-combine it with the stars (addition mode)
Stacking done in IDL, all layer/LAB processing in GIMP (and of course StarNet).
Initial data was 120 subs @30s for RGB, 120 @60s for Hα.
A-P Stowaway (old) with ASI1600MM Pro, Astronomik 31mm filters (Deep sky RGB, 6nm Hα) in EFWmini
CEM60EC guided with ASI290MMmini in ZWO OAG
Acquisition software: KStars/EKOS and PHD2
Full size on Astrobin
All acquisition and processing done in Linux