•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New TS-Optics PHOTOLINE 130 mm f/7 FPL53 Triplet on the way!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 donadani

donadani

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Germany

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:37 PM

I think that was me re Karl Kloss.  There was no price differential.  I got a simple optical test of my particular scope, good reassurance for the foreign purchase.  The scope arrived in a surprisingly large box, it was extremely well packed.  Perfect condition.

No commercial connection, just a satisfied customer.

https://www.teleskop...b450009717296b7

Karl Kloss is one of the most friendly and compentent sellers in Germany! absolute recommendation!

• bobzeq25 likes this

#77 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Alabama

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:24 PM

I did not know about this Karl Kloss until just now...oh well...

I just shipped my lens assembly back to TS today. I used 3 to 5 day priority mail express.

And just to be clear about my expectations, I fully understand this is a bargain priced 130mm FPL-53 triplet. I know that for this low of a price, corners had to be cut. Lesser QC, looser tolerances on machining, no test report will be provided, etc. I get it. I never expected a drop dead "Tak-like" view.

I expected possibly some CA. I definitely expected a little bit of over or under correction...I expected diffraction rings will probably not be even on both sides of focus.. too much brightness in the first ring...these are all no big deal to me. This was all within the expected trade space between economical value and quality.

But I do expect a round airy disc at best focus at high power...not little rainbow colored ellipses that appear both visually and in images. I consider that to be a defect and not "cherry picking"...

John

• Axunator likes this

#78 JMW

JMW

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

Bummer on the scope. Hope the replacement cell works great. I have ordered an 10 inch f/4 Newtonian about 3 years ago from TS and did pay Tarif stuff to DHL. Ordered an 8 inch f/6 last fall and paid no extra fees. Very happy with both scopes.

#79 TimP

TimP

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

I was charged by UPS but not by DHL. I asked UPS to show me what I was paying extra for and the guy said he didn't have that information. DHL has never asked me for extra money.

Tim

Just got my shipping notice from DHL Express...jump.gif ...!!! The TS130 is expected to arrive Monday by end of day.

Does anyone know if DHL charges any type of additional duty or import fee? Is anything else moneywise due upon delivery?

#80 John Miele

John Miele

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: North Alabama

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

Well they sure took a bite out of me...lol!

#81 dark_knight_007

dark_knight_007

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

sorry about issues with your scope John. .......i got my TS-130mm scope in may last year...great scope.....unfortunately for various reasons i could not take any pics of any targets yet, which is a bummer but before placing order i did a bit of research about import fees, dont remember where i read  the suggestion  but i asked Teleskop-express to mention  "scientific instrument" in customs form, cannot for sure say that did the trick or got lucky but i did not pay any duty fees for shipping by DHL.

• Jon_Doh likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics