•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sv AT1010 questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rongatlin7

rongatlin7

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Riverview, Florida

Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

Is there a way to make my SV AT1010 80mm Refractor,bino viewer friendly?

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:07 AM

Using an OCS (usually 1.6X - 2X ) you should be able to reach focus

If you prefer not to use an OCS than you can test the back focus by focusing a piece of paper on the moon (move the paper until the Moon is in focus on it).

You'll need 5"+ to be able to reach focus without using an OCS and will need a short optical path Diagonal (I use a Baader Prism) and a threaded attachment to the BV (to keep things short as possible)

In general using an OCS is a far easier option.

#3 rongatlin7

rongatlin7

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 December 2019 - 09:31 AM

Thanks! I was read somewhere that said that a barlow lens would work. I don't have a barlow, so I tried my 2.5 powermate. It works, but the magnification is higher than I would like. Is there an ocs that is less than 200 dollars? Thanks again.

Edited by rongatlin7, 27 December 2019 - 09:32 AM.

#4 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

Thanks! I was read somewhere that said that a barlow lens would work. I don't have a barlow, so I tried my 2.5 powermate. It works, but the magnification is higher than I would like. Is there an ocs that is less than 200 dollars? Thanks again.

There might be but we need to know what BV you have.

#5 rongatlin7

rongatlin7

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:12 PM

Sorry. I have a stellarvue bino viewer that came with my SV80BV. I have no problem with the 2.5 powermate,other than the higher magnification. Maybe something in the 1.6 to 1.8 range might be better. I would also like to use this on my 10 inch dob.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics