•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX200ACF and Starry Night Pro 8

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

I am trying to get my scope running through Starry Night Pro 8 on a Win 10 laptop, without any luck. 

As far as i can tell, the ascom drivers are installed correctly and following the SN8 instructions for setting scope up, i get an ascom pop up which doesn't have any scopes listed but a Dome, simulator, .net simulator and a couple of others. 

Iam also using Meade USB to serial port cables from the scope to the laptop.

Thanks if anyone can help open my eyes to the most likely obvious overlook (which is the story of my life)

Dan Reeves

#2 rk2k2

rk2k2

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cool, CA

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:05 PM

Been awhile since I played with mine, but as I remember, and have you ...

from the start menu, in the ascom sub menu, opened the POTH Dome/ Hub?

Once in the POTH, you setup your specific scope and then connect.

Sorry I can't give exact directions as I'm going by what I  recall but if you haven't done something like that, you should be able to figure it out (hopefully).

If you mean by the SN8 instructions to set the scope up was what I mentioned above ... NEVERMIND!

Edited by rk2k2, 30 December 2019 - 10:07 PM.

#3 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

I will give what you suggested a try and let you know. Thanks for the tip. And no, the SN8 instructions don't cover anything ascom other then you need it. The Dome part is where i am stuck and didn't know what to select...why would i think to select anything like that?!?! Thanks!

#4 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

I got it sorted out now...i needed the Meade ASCOM driver...once that was installed, works like a champ. Didn't see that anywhere in any of the instructions either. Meade's entire ASCOM platform is an outdated version, so you have to reinstall the newer version to get the Meade driver to work, and once that was done, the Meade scope option was available in the menu. Thanks for you suggestions.

#5 AF7JQ

AF7JQ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Concho Valley, Arizona 6500Ft ASL

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

You might try this driver. Works good, and provides software nudge capability in most software. The LX200gps drivers on the Ascom page do not. Just download the highest revision number.

https://bitbucket.or...ar497/wiki/Home

#6 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

You might try this driver. Works good, and provides software nudge capability in most software. The LX200gps drivers on the Ascom page do not. Just download the highest revision number.

https://bitbucket.or...ar497/wiki/Home

That is the driver i have. I followed his link from the ASCOM site. Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics