•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Autostar II via the PC...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fxmodels

fxmodels

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Connecticut

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:49 PM

Do any of you have any knowledge of whether there is a control program that shows visually what the Autostar ii is reporting? I can control the telescope one way of course but dont see the result until the telescope does something. I was curious if there is a program that at least mimics what the Autostar II menus are doing? I cant set time and date for instance if I wanted to, nor utilize any of the tours or glossaries for folks tuning into our live observatory streams. 

Another thing that is needed is to know when the telescope reports it is ready... Currently there is no way I know of knowing when the scope has obtained GPS lock and so forth...

Is there anything out there that does this? Does the scope report BACK?

Thanks...

Marc

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Gemini

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

Gday Marc

There are several remote handbox applications in  Meades AutostarSuite, PEMpro and my PEC editor

and also a smartphone app called "ScopeBoss"

https://sites.google...e/scopebossapp/

All show you exactly whats on the handbox and ( other than the very first part of booting up )

allow you to do anything a normal handbox can.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics