•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Truly wireless setup without limitations - Raspberry Pi + Remote USB 3.0

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 Saltman101

Saltman101

Lift Off

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:37 AM

Hello

New to the board and I am following up to see if you are still using the Virtual Here on the RaspberryPI for the connection and if any new info is available. I am planning on setting this up for may setup outside on my patio and using the WIFI connection to connect to my desktop in the house. It is running Windows 7 Pro so I hope it will work.I have a very strong signal since the router is about 20' from the scope thru a brick wall.I plan on running Celestron CPWI along with Starsense, and Stellarium to control mount. I will be shooting with a Canon camera  running Astrotoaster. The way I read the post  I can run all the programs on my desktop inside and connect to the Raspberry running Virtualhere to control the outside mount. Am I correct in assuming this will work for my setup?

Thanks for you comments in advance.Telescope.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics