I swear, I can not believe I am going through this crap again.
I have one week old Celestron EdgeHD with the CPC Deluxe fork mount. When I booted the scope for the first time, I got the dreaded errors 16/17 Mode undisclosed. That all of a sudden stopped. And now the scope powers up normally. Not sure what that was about.
I have my settings according to instructions. I did a one star alignment for testing purposes only. I will not have too much skies until around March or April. So this is done in my office. I physically set the scope up according to instructions. I have me settings set to Alt/Az and I then slew, attempting a one star alignment (guessing the actual location in the sky) and it's at this point I get a Align Successful. I then try to slew to second star and the scope goes in the wrong direction, always West when I ask it to slew North or East after the alignment.
My coordinates settings are accurate but that wouldn't make any difference. Now the scope will not track. It hasn't tracked since I got the **** thing. Why is Meade and Celestron such cowards in their manufacturing an excellent product? Meade is going down, but they don't change a **** thing.
This is my second Celestron Edge and the other one was sent back to Celestron three times.
I tried talking to the Live Chat over at Celestron, but the lady (Jessie) said I wasn't answering her question appropriately (I tried to give every bit of info I could) but she insisted on yes or no answers and her questions kept including topics not relevant to the problem. She suggested I did not know the same motors were used for both tracking and slewing. But when she accused me of not answering her questions appropriately, I gave up and sent a repair ticket. I'm not sending this scope to Celestron, it is a major endeavor to ship these things. Huge and heavy. I went thought that process once already. Each time the scope came back after repairs it still didn't work, but for a different reason. I sold it at a significant loss.
Now I am seriously thinking of selling this new scope, again at a significant loss just to stop the headaches.
When I look at the comm logs, it shows the scope is not moving in RA. The scope being set up in Alt/Az. Tracking set to Alt/Az. Even though I am in Alt/Az mode, the scope just sits there. No movement. Slews fine in terms of going somewhere, but will not track.
Thank you everyone, you have been a great help in the past, so hopefully we can figure this out.
Gregory Gig Harbor, WA.