•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

C6 vs 4" doublet for air travel (visual only)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 PXR-5

PXR-5

ISS

• Loc: Entropy, NC

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

I would go with an f5 frac or the C6.

Personally I travel with my 127 mak, small and built like a tank. 

#27 JMW

JMW

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:15 PM

We plan on flying to Maui for 14 nights with a SVR90T on an FTQ mount on a Gitzo 5541LS tripod. We will use a Nexus DSC with the FTQ to make finding objects easy. I will also bring a PVS-14 that I will use on some of the eyepiece and at 1x hand held. The night vision should allow me to see a lot of nebulosity and dimmer stuff and the SVR90T will be great for both wide field and medium 200+ powers. I am less concerned about planets since we can see them all at our home latitude. We chose Maui for reasonably easy access to higher altitude dark skies.

My wife and I will split some of the carry on load of astronomy gear. My scope bag will carry the SVR90T, Baader BBHS diagonal and PVS 14. My wife can carry the FTQ, Nexus DSC and some eyepieces. I will keep the tripod in a checked bag. The FTQ mount is only 3 pounds. The Gitzo tripod is plenty sturdy at about 6 pounds.

• Ihtegla Sar likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics