•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starlink satellites or something else?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PhotonJohn

PhotonJohn

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Viera Florida

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

On January 8, 2020 I was capturing videos of AR 2755 with my hydrogen alpha scope. While waiting for the clouds to pass I noticed a sundog. Using my Samsung Galaxy S 6 to capture a series of images at 4:39 EST I caught something more. In eight of the images there is a group of bright "orbs". The eight images are all framed the same way and captured within one minute of each other. In that minute the "orbs" are in different locations in each of the eight images. I don't know what they were, but have seen other videos of similar "orbs" from Japan and Mexico. Anyone else ever see anything similar. Click on images for full size.

20200111_120010.jpg

20200111_120408.jpg

Edited by PhotonJohn, 11 January 2020 - 02:04 PM.

• rigel123, BeltofOrion and MalVeauX like this

#2 dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

I don't think starlink as they would be strung out.  More like an internal reflection of some kind, possibly the sun through the tree.

Edited by dhkaiser, 11 January 2020 - 02:04 PM.

• PhotonJohn likes this

#3 BeltofOrion

BeltofOrion

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

I think Dan might be on to something. I do a fair bit of terrestrial photography and I've seen some strange reflections at times. And from what I've read of those Starlink satellites they don't appear to be bunched up like this. Still, it's very interesting ... and, you never know, maybe you've inadvertently caught a swarm of UFOs.

#4 hopskipson

hopskipson

Vanguard

• Loc: Queens, New Yawk, Light pollution Headquarters!

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

I think Dan might be on to something. I do a fair bit of terrestrial photography and I've seen some strange reflections at times. And from what I've read of those Starlink satellites they don't appear to be bunched up like this. Still, it's very interesting ... and, you never know, maybe you've inadvertently caught a swarm of UFOs.

Definitely 100% UFO's!!!  We are not alone! lol.gif

• torsinadoc likes this

#5 Rocklobster

Rocklobster

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: South East UK, Greater London, Bottle 5

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:29 PM

As far as I am aware, they are not bright enough to be seen in daylight like this. This is Venus or Iridium flare brightness...so, in my opinion, no. And as others have mentioned they are not bunched together like this, it's more of a "train", although I guess they would be pretty bunched up as they are released.

By the way, I have no idea what else this could be..Nibiru 2020? (JOKE!)

cheers

Sent from my N10 using Tapatalk

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics