•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Photo's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

Just out of curiosity of my own...does anyone have the ability to take a photo of the bottom underside of their LX200? For the life of me, i cannot remember what the bottom holes looked like on my old LX200GPS.

If anyone has one or are in a position to take one, please do. Iam curious about the older LX200GPS and the newer LX200ACFs. 10" or up. Want to compare to the one i have now...still trying to figure out why my scope has to have an insert for the top hole for wedge mounting.

Thanks

Dan Reeves

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Gemini

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:33 AM

Gday Dan

Your scope sounds like what happened about 8 years ago or more

A whole batch of LX200 base castings came out with the top hole tapped for 1/2"

Most people just fitted a helicoil type insert ( IIRC, Meade sent them to affected people )

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#3 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Gday Dan

Your scope sounds like what happened about 8 years ago or more

A whole batch of LX200 base castings came out with the top hole tapped for 1/2"

Most people just fitted a helicoil type insert ( IIRC, Meade sent them to affected people )

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

Thanks...that is what mine is tapped at like 1/2" and Meade gave me the info on the coil and the link to buy it...interesting how they charge top dollar for their stuff and then do something like that and just pass it on to the customer...

Edited by dreeves2015, 13 January 2020 - 02:21 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics