•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Vixen FL55ss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _SAW_

_SAW_

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

Hi,

I was lucky enough to win a Vixen FL55ss and I'd like to connect my modded 600D, 6D and maybe a CMOS/CCD to it but not sure if or which flattener/reducer I need ? They seem to sell a flattener and a reducer but which do I need, I've also seen what looks to be both connected to the scope. 

Can I just connect my dslr or am I going to get problems around the edge of the frame ?

It also looks like I need the vixen wide photo adapter for Canon #38751.

Thanks.

#2 Hesiod

Hesiod

Skylab

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:57 AM

Vixen sell two "kits", one with just the field flattener, the other wirh both the flattener and the focal reducer.
Connecting them to the scope is easy, as all you need is included with the kit: if use only the flattener you have to screw it to the provided extension tube and replace with this the original extension tube; if want to use the reducer as well, screw toghether reducer and flattener, and then screw this to the drawtube, having removed the extension tube.
Then apply the adapter.
With an aps-c sized sensor I suggest to get the full kit (reducer+flattener)
  • _SAW_ likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics