•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

1 year of astrophotography

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alarmclock

alarmclock

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

This is my progress over the last year on the Orion Nebula.

First image was taken from the moroccan desert with a stock A7SII with a Samyang 135 F/2 on a Omegon MiniTrack LX2 mount. Around 120x30s frames. No darks/flats/offsets. Basic stretching with Nebulosity.

Second Image was taken from my backyard with a stock A7SII with a Sharpstar 61EDPH 275mm @ F/4.5, on a Skyguider Pro mount unguided. 478x30s light frames, 120 darks/bias/offsets. The core is a separate stack of 120x2s frames. Image preprocessing and integration with Siril, then gradient extraction, color balance, simple stretching. Further stretching in photoshop, then synthetic luminance layer, curves color balance, star reduction, sharpening, noise reduction. Final cosmetic adjustments and export with Lightroom.

Same camera, double the focal, a little bit more of a mount, and A LOT more skill in processing the data! I wonder what the second would have looked like in the moroccan desert too :)

Full res : https://cdn.astrobin...36_QXLhDwY4.jpg

Astrobin : https://www.astrobin.com/462f7b/0/

Attached Thumbnails

• Compare 1 year low.jpg

• Starman27, zxx, rgreenberg2000 and 10 others like this

#2 AgilityGuy

AgilityGuy

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern CA

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

Nice work!
  • alarmclock likes this

#3 alarmclock

alarmclock

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

Thank you!

#4 Starman27

Starman27

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Illinois, Iowa

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

Your skills are developing very well. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics