I recently purchased the CGX mount along with the edgeHD 11" SCT.
Since I'm a beginner in this hobby, I had a lot of frustration and a steep learning curve(see my post), but with some advice from CN folks and perseverance here's what I found.
1. Use the StarSense(SS) hand controller. The HC that comes with mount can be put away in a box. SSHC does everything the Nexstar HC does but is required for communication with the SS.
2. Use the HC instead of CPWI for alignment. My success was limited using CPWI or SkyPortal. Works fine for GoTo,mount slewing, and focusing but initial polar and SS align seems much better with hand control.
3. Keep the HC as warm as you can. Below 20 degrees, the scrolling on the LCD display is unreadable and the buttons seem to get "sticky". I keep mine in a wool sock with a hand warmer(advise from CN). Makes a big difference.
4. Check the settings for location, time , mount home position every time you turn mount on. I discovered that I was trying to align several times with incorrect info loaded. Don't know if I did it inadvertently or not, but I always check now.
5. I have a clear view of Polaris so I don't use ASPA. The times I tried it failed, mostly because suggested stars weren't visible. The Celestron CGX polar scope works ok, but has some design flaws. Very difficult to initially calibrate and you have to remove it to slew mount in the dec axis. Don't know if it would stop before damage but can't be good.
6. Probably stating the obvious, but calibrating the StarSense camera is critical. Close isn't good enough! The more time spent coarse and fine centering the better your plate solving will be. An illuminated reticle helped me a lot. Which reminds me....don't forget to scroll HC up/down during each step. You can miss important instructions if you just hit enter button without reading all.
7. Someone already said it, but make sure you slew up and right during centering. Need to see the little checkmark on HC screen to proceed.
8. The locking levers for CGX tripod legs need to be really cranked down once you level mount. Hand tight will not work. I've been out of level several times after I installed all equipment. I use a pair of channel locks now.
Hope all this helps