•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Paint as Formica substitute

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 megachriops95

megachriops95

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

Teeters photot looks like truck bed liner. Goes on thick and then cures into a bumpy leveled surface. Used to use them on my throwing shoes in track for hammer and shotput. Very durable, plastic like once cured.

• lakland5 likes this

#27 lakland5

lakland5

Mariner 2

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:29 AM

Teeters photot looks like truck bed liner. Goes on thick and then cures into a bumpy leveled surface. Used to use them on my throwing shoes in track for hammer and shotput. Very durable, plastic like once cured.

shocked.gif  The things I have learned on CN!   Put everyone's experiences together and the result is pretty amazing.  This might be the answer to Zane's query?

#28 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:28 AM

Truck Bed Liner is a mixture of polyurea and polyurethane.  I don't think Teeter is using that. 

Silver Vein powder coating is a polyester with a 400° cure.. Doesnt say F or C, my guess is F, C is pretty hot.

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B00Y73H3FQ

Jon

#29 Augustus

Augustus

Fly Me To The Moon

• Loc: Stamford, Connecticut

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:37 AM

shocked.gif  The things I have learned on CN!   Put everyone's experiences together and the result is pretty amazing.  This might be the answer to Zane's query?

Logan is not me.......

• Pinbout, airbleeder and totvos like this

#30 totvos

totvos

Viking 1

• Loc: Mississauga, ON, Canada

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Logan is not me.......

All you kids look alike!

#31 lakland5

lakland5

Mariner 2

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

oops, sorry!

#32 nirvanix

nirvanix

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Medicine Hat, AB

Posted 21 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

I'll add this to the history of bearing runners in case there are any other thrifty sorts out there...

I had some left over vinyl flooring - in Canada it's called "vinyl plank flooring" because it's 4 ft long, 8 inches wide and has a textured wood grain look and finish to it. I cut two strips and used it on my 13.1" dob (see pic). How did it work? I think great! Very smooth controlled movement in altitude. Maybe being cheap is the mother of all invention?

IMG_0983.jpg

• lakland5 and Augustus like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics