•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Coronado PST repair

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nippon

Nippon

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central Florida

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

I've been putting off getting my PST repaired. It has a clouded blocking filter. Will Meade still do repair work since they went bankrupt?

#2 Toddeo

Toddeo

Apollo

• Loc: Sierra Vista, AZ

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

Buy another "filter" and do the repair-yourself. Very easy to do. Plenty of threads here in the forums that instruct you on how to do it.

• marktownley and Augustus like this

#3 Nippon

Nippon

Gemini

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central Florida

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Yeah I was thinking that. I've got the information for a source for the filter, When I first read about people buying the filter and doing the repair themselves I was concerned about it being the correct filter from a safety point of view but that does not seem to be a real concern. Sure is cheaper. Meade wanted $150 plus shipping and that's why I've put it off for so long.

#4 BYoesle

BYoesle

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Washington USA

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:48 AM

Maier or BleOptik ITF replacements are the way to go.

#5 wrnchhead

wrnchhead

Apollo

• Loc: NE Kansas

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Just posted in the thread called attention PST owners in this sub forum. The reason I mention it is I linked the lens wrench I used and the strap wrench also which you may need if you don’t have any already.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics