•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

App reduce brightness on tablet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roragi

Roragi

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orion arm

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:55 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased an ipad air Gen 3, I want to use the sky safari with the red plastic screen just like my previous Android tablet. I do not know the applications that will exist to reduce the intensity in the dark in this new operating system.

I appreciate if you use this system, you will tell me about your applications that you use for that device. Thank you.

Regards.

#2 Baskevo

Baskevo

Explorer 1

• Loc: Orange County, CA

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:32 AM

To reduce the brightness on an iPad I just open the control center (swipe down from top of screen), and there's a sliding bar with a sun icon. Adjust the slider to your liking.

I would suggest looking up tutorials on how to use the iOS. There is a lot of great stuff you can do with an iPad, and they are very user friendly, especially once you get the hang of them :)

#3 btschumy

btschumy

Vendor - Our Galaxy

• Vendors
  • Loc: Longmont, CO, USA

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

The other thing you should try is to use the Accessibility Settings in iOS to turn the entire screen red in all apps.

Apple might change this in the future but for now, to set this up, open the Settings app and go to Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters.  Turn Color Filters ON and then slide the Intensity and Hue sliders all the way to the right.  This should color the display a deep red.

You can toggle the color filter off and on using the switch on this screen.  You can also set up a shortcut to toggle it from the iOS control panel or via a triple tap.    To set this up, go to Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, and select the Color Filters option.

Even with red film, I recommend using the Accessibility setting.  Some blue UI components become invisible with red film if you don't do this.

• badjao and Roragi like this

#4 Roragi

Roragi

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orion arm

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:32 AM

The other thing you should try is to use the Accessibility Settings in iOS to turn the entire screen red in all apps.

Apple might change this in the future but for now, to set this up, open the Settings app and go to Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters.  Turn Color Filters ON and then slide the Intensity and Hue sliders all the way to the right.  This should color the display a deep red.

You can toggle the color filter off and on using the switch on this screen.  You can also set up a shortcut to toggle it from the iOS control panel or via a triple tap.    To set this up, go to Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, and select the Color Filters option.

Even with red film, I recommend using the Accessibility setting.  Some blue UI components become invisible with red film if you don't do this.

Thank you very much, I'm going to try that, but the device's own reducer is not enough for my eyes.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics