•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Michiana Star Party 12 - MSP12

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pauls72

Pauls72

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: LaPorte, IN USA

Posted 19 January 2020 - 09:48 AM

The Michiana Astronomical Society will be holding it's twelfth annual star party April 24th - 26th, 2020.

15122 Monkey Run Street
Vandalia, MI 49095
It's about 35 miles north east of South Bend, IN.

http://www.michiana-astro.org/

Note: It is now official, the International Dark Sky Association has recognized Dr. T.K. Lawless Park as an International Dark Sky Park.

• ShaulaB, Knasal, AndrewXnn and 2 others like this

#2 RalphMeisterTigerMan

RalphMeisterTigerMan

Apollo

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:36 AM

Seriously, " Monkey Run Street"? My appologies but I just got out of bed and when I read that my super-over-active vivid-overimaginative imagination started going into over-drive.

Either your town has an amazing history when it comes to Zoos and Game Farms, or Peter Gabriel recorded his song "shock the Monkey" during a stop over or a bunch of Jokers who attended a local College had a really wild night sometime ago.

But seriously, congrats on the official "Dark Sky Preserve" designation.

Clear Skies!

RalphMeisterMonkeyMan

P.S. Give my regards to the Monkies and I hope they are doing well!

#3 Pauls72

Pauls72

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: LaPorte, IN USA

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:06 PM

One of our club's members is a member of the Cass county parks board and is the driving force behind this. He is a member of the International Dark-Sky Association and done all the leg work.

https://www.mlive.co...-its-debut.html

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics