•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lx200 Scope hasn’t run in years level and north set bad. Need advice

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Hautz

Bruce Hautz

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Edison Nj

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:34 PM

Hello all, finally dug out the scope and ran it.  Tried doing a setup and the level and north sensors failed. It said send it back to the factory for repair.  It also stated that it can still be used.  Wondering if it will Alain and track properly.

any help is greatly appreciated 

thanks 

Bruce

#2 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Gemini

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

Gday Bruce

You dont "need" the sensors to do an align

Just set the tube North and level manually and start a 2 star align and all will stil work.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

#3 AF7JQ

AF7JQ

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Concho Valley, Arizona 6500Ft ASL

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

Try resetting the ribbon cables on the boards behind the plastic cover on the dec motor side of the forks.

#4 dreeves2015

dreeves2015

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK 73162

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

If you do check the ribbon cables as suggested, also check all the cables making sure they are all plugged in fully. Would also check the hand controller and do a reset on it as well. Find it odd that 2 components would fail at the same time just because of lack of use. My 2006 LX200GPS sat in a non temp controlled garage in the middle of the desert between Tucson and Phoenix from 2009 to 2014 and then in a hot store room in Oklahoma City from 2014 until 2016 or so. Only thing i did when i started using it again was remove as much as the old lube on the gears as i could and put new lube on them, oh and i replaced the hand controller too as the cord was dry rotted. They are pretty durable scopes.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics