•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO ASI183MC-Pro Cooling ?

CMOS imaging astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joelevine

joelevine

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:21 PM

I just purchased the ZWO ASI183MC-Pro and am wondering if any folks who own this camera have had any frost problems when cooling the camera? Any problems with desiccant i.e. getting to and recharging pellets etc.?  Also is it better to stage cool the camera i.e. cool down to 20, 10 then 5 then -10 etc and then is it better to reverse the procedure to bring the camera up to ambient temp once imaging is complete? Or is this really not an issue? Much thanks, Joe

• elmiko and DSO_Viewer like this

#2 elmiko

elmiko

Skylab

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Can't hurt. I do this with my 071 haven't had a problem.

• DSO_Viewer likes this

#3 OhmEye

OhmEye

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Western NY Southern Tier

Posted 19 January 2020 - 07:54 PM

I've never had condensation with my asi183mc pro, I cool to -20C. I do use the cooling tool in APT which controls the cooldown gradually but I think that's more to reduce thermal shock than condensation.
  • elmiko likes this

#4 joelevine

joelevine

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for the responses on this, I use SharpCap at the moment and will need to put a cool down/Warm up routine in.  Explorer 1 can I ask what you have your cool down/warm up routine set to?  Also how long have you owned your 183MC-Pro?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS, imaging, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics