•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Extension column for berlebach report and Stellarvue M1 (old) mount

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Olhado

Olhado

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

Hi!

I have a berlebach report tripod with the adjustable column to use with the aforementioned M1 (and a Stellarvue nighthawk next gen). The column when extended definitely wobbles, so I was wondering what 3rd party extension column might work with this tripod and mount to keep sturdiness and still give me access to zenith.

#2 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

I think most "Column" tripods wobble until you secure them with the "lock knob"?  I know my Manfrotto does.

#3 Olhado

Olhado

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:27 PM

I think most "Column" tripods wobble until you secure them with the "lock knob"? I know my Manfrotto does.

I tightened that. It was more after changing eyepieces or the like, it took a bit for the image to stop shaking, which I assume is because of the relatively skinny center column being extended and the fact that my scope is offset-mounted on the M1.

#4 junomike

junomike

Hubble

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

I tightened that. It was more after changing eyepieces or the like, it took a bit for the image to stop shaking, which I assume is because of the relatively skinny center column being extended and the fact that my scope is offset-mounted on the M1.

Any center column (adjustable) will suffer the same fate.  Maybe see if the Stellavue Ext is compatible.

#5 Olhado

Olhado

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:50 PM

Any center column (adjustable) will suffer the same fate. Maybe see if the Stellavue Ext is compatible.

Sadly the description of their current extension columns is not compatible.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics