•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NINA and TheSkyX

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BCaldwell

BCaldwell

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Greenville, New York

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Hi

Have been trying to setup the Planetarium on NINA specifically TheSkyX. Using the option tab, I have selected TheSkyX as my Planetarium of choice. However, when I try to use it to get coordinates in framing, I get this message “unable to acquire coordinates from TheSkyX”. TheSkyX program is open. I noted that on the options tab TheSkyX selection is followed by Host: Localhost Port:8090 this was filled in by NINA. Is this the correct port, if not, how do I determine the correct one? Is there further setting in NINA I need to complete or is there a setting or settings in TheSkyX I need to change? I have looked at the documentation but have not been unable to figure it out. Any guidance would be most apricated.
Currently running NINA 1.9 under Windows 10
Best Regards
Bill

#2 Ken Sturrock

Ken Sturrock

Cardinal Ximenez (No one expects the Spanish Inquisition)

• Administrators
  • Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

I don't use NINA, but traditionally, the port for SkyX's TCP server is 3040. It can be configured, though.

You can find out on your system by calling up "Tools -> TCP Server" in SkyX Pro to see what it has to say:

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 17.56.36.png

While you're at it, make sure that the "listening" check box is ticked.

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics