•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Value was too large or too small for an Int16

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fukinagashi

Fukinagashi

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:10 PM

I'm using  a Starlite ASCOM focuser on my TAK FSQ106ED since several months without any issue.

Today I started experiencing a problem that did not solve even switching off-on the focuser controller or rebooting the PC.

The error (raised both with SharpCap and Voyager Starkeeper) is "Value was too large or too small for an Int16".

I did not change anything in the ASCOM settings so I cannot figure out what's happening.

Any suggestion?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2020-01-24 01.01.49.png

#2 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Skylab

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

You may have to reset the step count in your focus controller. Which one do you use?

I had my Rigel controller go crazy when dew got into the USB port. It took the signal as a value outside the range of the controller. Rigel sent me instructions to reset it.

• Fukinagashi likes this

#3 Fukinagashi

Fukinagashi

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:44 AM

I use a Starlight Instruments EFS and PosiDrive as motor (specifically engineered for the TAK).

You may have to reset the step count in your focus controller. Which one do you use?

I had my Rigel controller go crazy when dew got into the USB port. It took the signal as a value outside the range of the controller. Rigel sent me instructions to reset it.

#4 Fukinagashi

Fukinagashi

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 09:22 AM

Just an update. I tried one sec ago and now is working! I really suspect that dew could be the problem.

Now my QHY camera is not working indeed! I detach and attach again the USB cable to make it work again...

Really upset!

I'm trying to automatize my observatory (and plan to transfer it under better skies) but I'm very far from good results...

• Jim Davis likes this

#5 Leonardo70

Leonardo70

Vendor (Starkeeper Software)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Turin - Italy

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:18 AM

You focuser driver report wrong value to ASCOM driver or ASCOM driver report wrong value to your software.

Reinstall the focuser driver and clean the setting before, reinstall the ASCOM driver and clean the setting before.

All the best

LO

• Fukinagashi likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics