This is only a test image but I would like to show you my lights, flat balance VS unbalanced (only dark)...
as you can see without flat frames , the image can be processed, is better, but in the balanced version ,with flats, it becomes worse, very hard to remove the various gradients, vignetting, ecc
I Do the flat filed at -10C with a selfmade flatbox, (led lamps + several layers to reduce brightness)
- Use APT software to prepare the flats
- duration of the flat 2'30'' second 25000 ADU,
- this lights ith l-enhance filter on a newtonian 200/1000
- I have tried with longer exposures using multiple layers but without success. I also tried with the dark flat but no special improvements.
- Same gain and offset as light frames (115 - 35)
- elaboration pixinsight: only Batchprocessing
with flats (batchprocessing + linearfit + stretch)
no flats (batchprocessing + linearfit + stretch)
master Flat (debayer + linearfit + stretch)
master flat (only stretch)
master flat (only debayer + stretch)