•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First mono image- IC 1805

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kyle528

kyle528

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: SE Ohio

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:36 PM

HA processing was a breeze with only 6 hours of data, OIII with 7.5 was a different story. I was getting some weird gradients, not entirely sure from what, I was imaging well away from any light dome, no moon. Maybe bad flats. Anyway, with some careful masking I was able to fix it, but I was surprised to see how subtle the OIII was compared to HA. 

I would love to do a SHO combination on the Heart or an HaLRGB, but the weather has been horrible and I need to get on with the winter targets. The combination process was new to me, but not terribly tricky I don't think, but plenty of room to improve. I do think the image took an overall hit in contrast after combination when comparing it to my HA integration. I would love to hear opinions and tips on how to keep the contrast through the combination process. 

Acquisition details and high res on astrobin, I don't even bother with the lousy jpeg on here anymore,C&C welcomed, and

thanks for looking!

https://www.astrobin.com/5yjhjq/D/

• StarBurger and psuaero like this

#2 psuaero

psuaero

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ellicott City, MD

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

Great pic...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics