•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Loading Comet C/2017 T2 (PANSTARRS) to Stellarium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patindaytona

patindaytona

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

I was able to last week but i had to re-install Stellarium since then and I can't get the comet on it now.

I go thru all the way to the plug ins and the "Online Search" but it says       Error Creating SSL Context ()

I put in     C/2017 T2 (PANSTARRS)

I tried to re-install Stellarium again and it's the same thing.

#2 johnpd

johnpd

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Green Valley, AZ

Posted 25 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

This is what I usually do:

1. Plugins > Solar System Editor > Configure > Solar System tab > Import orbital elements in MPC format .

2. Check "Comets", "Select the source", "Download a list of objects from the Internet".

3. Select "MPC's list of observable comets" from the "Bookmark" list. [I think that is one of the defaults]

4. Click "Get orbital elements".

5. Find C/2017 T2 in the list, check it, and add it.

JohnD

• Jon Isaacs likes this

#3 patindaytona

patindaytona

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:10 AM

This is what I usually do:

1. Plugins > Solar System Editor > Configure > Solar System tab > Import orbital elements in MPC format .

2. Check "Comets", "Select the source", "Download a list of objects from the Internet".

3. Select "MPC's list of observable comets" from the "Bookmark" list. [I think that is one of the defaults]

4. Click "Get orbital elements".

5. Find C/2017 T2 in the list, check it, and add it.

JohnD

After I click on "Get Orbital Elements",   nothing happens.     I've tried re-installing several times Stellarium but it's the same each time.  A list is supposed to show up after i click Orbital Elements?

#4 patindaytona

patindaytona

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

Thanks John.

I tried but can't figure out what is going on why it won't work like before. But, i used the online version of Stellarium and it worked. It's just as good too.

#5 Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf

Stellarium

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Barnaul, Siberia, Russia

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

What is version of Stellarium?

• Jon Isaacs likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics