•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astronomik CLS LPS Filter And Canon 90D

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brian K.

Brian K.

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Has anybody had success using the clip in filters on a Canon 90D?

Thanks,

Brian K.

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Gemini

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

I've had no experience with that filter on a DSLR but on a CCD camera it is a very good filter- I think you will be pleased with the results.

#3 Brian K.

Brian K.

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Thanks pyrasanth.

I should have been more clear. I want to know if they FIT in the 90D. They should, but who knows what Canon may have stuffed in the mirror box. :)

Brian 

#4 George N

George N

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Binghamton & Indian Lake NY

Posted 31 January 2020 - 12:19 PM

I have an early version - that I bought used off of A'mart. I've used it on my 70D and current 80D.

It works, and I find it easy to put in and take out - but has two downsides:

1. It only works with full-frame lenses. The standard lens for Canon APS DSLRs sticks into the camera body and hits the filter and can't be used. I have old Canon film-era lenses that do work with it. You will have to purchase a full-frame Canon (or other) lens, and not use the 'kit' lenses that came with the camera.

2. My filter (not sure if still true) 'works' by killing off red and green -- the images are all blue-cast - the sky background is pretty much gone it is true - but what there is - is very blue. Take a 'normal' photo with it - and the result is a very blue-cast image. So, you need long exposure - and correcting color in processing can be tricky.

Dark sky is still best!  ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics