•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY367C camera not working properly (Driver issue)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bfalls

bfalls

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:31 PM

Hey everyone, so I'm running a QHY367C in SGP (SGP is updated). I have ran installs for the latest QHY drivers. The camera connects, but the temperature wont read out, the camera will not download pictures, it will just hang. 

Update check says my ASCOM driver is up to date, but it still shows my system driver as 16-0-0 despite having uninstalled this driver and installing the newer version. I have rebooted and reinstalled it like three times now...

Anyone have any ideas as to why the correct system driver isn't showing up?

#2 Stricnine

Stricnine

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: DFW Area, TX

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:21 PM

I select/use the ASCOM driver, the native driver behaves the same for me as you.

#3 vdb

vdb

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 25 January 2020 - 03:40 AM

New Pro version?

Anyway, you need to manually uninstall the system driver, the installer will not replace the old with the new driver, I have tried it dozens of times, it always stays the old driver, uninstall manually, reboot (important if not the old driver resurrects, I do not know why), install the current driver ...

/Yves

#4 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:43 AM

Wish to have that QHY367C camera, but now there are new models maybe i should keep hope for newer FF better cameras then, and hope you solve your issue here with this camera.

#5 Paul Garais

Paul Garais

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sendenhorst, Germany

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:40 AM

Windows keeps every installed driver, even if a newer one is installed. But it not always activates the most recent driver for a device. This is quickly and easily achieved through the Device Manager. Just open it up and use the "Update driver" option for your device. This will give you the option to select from drivers installed in the system (or to download from the internet, which will not succeed since QHY is not officially publishing through Microsoft). In the list of the drivers just choose the correct one and confirm the selection and you are good to go. Just make sure you have already installed the new driver version.

—Paul

#6 bfalls

bfalls

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

Utilizing 'device manager' was the way to go! I wiped the old drivers by uninstalling the device, then reinstalled the new drivers from QHY's website. Thanks :)

• psandelle likes this

#7 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

Utilizing 'device manager' was the way to go! I wiped the old drivers by uninstalling the device, then reinstalled the new drivers from QHY's website. Thanks smile.gif

I always use "Device Manager" feature, just i don't know why no one mentioned it before, if it was mentioned then it will solve most issues before even making more comments, and that is why i am still being happy with my old laptop as all drive3rs are working so all my gear is fine working perfectly as it should be [cameras, mount, filter wheel,...etc]

#8 bfalls

bfalls

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

So I brought my camera inside to take darks, not running it through the USB hub, and now all of a sudden I'm right back to having the same issue, but this time the old solution doesn't work. yay

#9 cccha

cccha

Vostok 1

• Vendors

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

You can contact QHYCCD technical support email (cha@qhyccd.com) to provide remote support. To troubleshoot the cause。

• psandelle and artem2 like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics